How to Reach Acropolis Athens? Location, Directions, Best Routes
The Acropolis of Athens is a universal icon of the ancient spirit and culture and comprises the world's biggest architectural and artistic complex of the Greek region. Planning a trip to this iconic landmark? Read up on the Acropolis location, how to get there, and other general tips for a hassle-free and engaging experience.
Getting To Athens Acropolis by Public Transportation
Closest Station: Acropoli
- The most convenient way to visit the Acropolis is to take the metro to the Acropoli station, which is a 2-minute walk from the southeast entrance.
- If you're arriving directly from the airport, take the Blue line to Syntagma station, then transfer to the red line in the Elliniko direction, and exit at Acropoli station, which is only one stop away from Syntagma on the red line.
- You can also take the blue line #M3, to Monastiraki, a 12-minute walk away,
- Take the green line to Thissio, which is 14 minutes away.
Closest Station: Akropolē
- Take bus 230 to Akropolē, an 8-minute walk away from Acropolis.
- The Makriyianni bus stop, which is about 10 minutes away, is served by routes 24, 40, 126, 134, A2, A3, A4, and 57. Bus numbers 035 to Monastiraki stop, which is 14 mins away is another option.
- From the airport, take Bus X95 to Syntagma station, about 1.5 km from the Acropolis.
- You can easily rent a car or hail a cab to the Acropolis in Athens. From the airport, it will take you about 30 minutes to reach the Acropolis.
There is free parking on the street in the Koukaki area. You will also find many paid parking spaces here.
Take a Guided Tour of Acropolis
Walk to Athens Acropolis
Via Apostolou Pavlou Street - Adrianou Street
As you near the top of this large pedestrian road, you'll have better and better views of the monument. Except for the final ascent from the Parthenon's entrance, the trek takes 20-30 minutes and is not particularly difficult.
Cross through this steep but short route if you are in the higher areas of Plaka, at the foot of the Hill. You'll climb 2-4 flights of stairs with 10-15 steps each during the walk.
All Your Questions About Directions Athens Acropolis Answered
A. Athens Acropolis is located in Athens 105 58, Greece.
A. There are many different ways to reach the Acropolis in Athens including metro, train, bus, and car or taxi.
A. The easiest way to reach the Acropolis in Athens is via metro. The metro station, Acropoli, is just 2 minutes away from the landmark.
A. The closest bus stop to Athens Acropolis is Makriyianni at just an 8 minutes walk.
A. The Syntagma Station is the closest train station to Athens Acropolis.
A. While there’s no parking available right at the Acropolis, you’ll find free parking on the street in the Koukaki area.
A. You can walk to the Acropolis from Plaka or Adrianou Street if you’re hoping to sightsee on the way.